Thanks for coming to Elites Lounge, become a full member of our community today by registering, it only takes 1 minute and will grant you much more access of our site!

    *SUGGESTIONS*

    Share
    avatar
    Awesome155
    Active Member
    Active Member

    Posts : 42
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Age : 20
    Location : Maryland, USA

    *SUGGESTIONS*

    Post by Awesome155 on Thu 22 Dec - 11:47

    This is just going to be a list of suggestions, so be sure to read them all Razz.


    1. Make a subforum for Suggestions, so people don't post threads like I had to.
    2. Convert the forum to V Bulletin.
    Now I know this would be a HUGE change, but in all of my activity on many different forums, 90% are V Bulletin. This would be good because V Bulletin is easier to move around in, and IMO all around better.
    3. Make people apply to be able to get the updates on flipping items. This would remove all spam, and people would have to be active on forums to be able to merchant like a boss.
    4. Maybe a Black Market SubForum, then this forum would be more popular, and would have alot of active users on it.

    That's about it!

    xSaito
    Active Member
    Active Member

    Posts : 30
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Re: *SUGGESTIONS*

    Post by xSaito on Thu 22 Dec - 11:54

    +rep

    First of all, this post should've just gone in site discussion, which pertains to suggestions to improve the website. Second of all, some of these suggestions sound really useful. I've looked at your posts, and quite frankly, I'm impressed with the quality. Unlike some of the other members, your posts aren't just like "gud stuf" for all of the posts; they actually have information that makes it look like you actually did read the thread. Out of all of those suggestions, I'd like to see number 4 the most. I myself use other websites for selling runescape-related merchandise, and having that imported to this website would mean I'd only need to go to one website to get everything I need done for Runescape. Very Happy
    avatar
    Awesome155
    Active Member
    Active Member

    Posts : 42
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Age : 20
    Location : Maryland, USA

    Re: *SUGGESTIONS*

    Post by Awesome155 on Thu 22 Dec - 12:05

    xSaito wrote:+rep

    First of all, this post should've just gone in site discussion, which pertains to suggestions to improve the website. Second of all, some of these suggestions sound really useful. I've looked at your posts, and quite frankly, I'm impressed with the quality. Unlike some of the other members, your posts aren't just like "gud stuf" for all of the posts; they actually have information that makes it look like you actually did read the thread. Out of all of those suggestions, I'd like to see number 4 the most. I myself use other websites for selling runescape-related merchandise, and having that imported to this website would mean I'd only need to go to one website to get everything I need done for Runescape. Very Happy

    Haha thanks, I usually try to read the entire thread, and all other posts so I don't have any reposts (which are no good Surprised). But yeah, one site for everything (black market, GFX, Possibly RSPS's, merching) would be great.

    And I wasn't really sure where this was supposed to go, so I kind of just posted it in here, Razz.
    avatar
    black
    Forum Addict
    Forum Addict

    Posts : 400
    Join date : 2011-01-06
    Location : Belgium

    Re: *SUGGESTIONS*

    Post by black on Thu 22 Dec - 20:11

    i also want v bullentin but i don't think Will is willing to pay it right now maybe later on or if some people donate he can do it. I'm not sure how much it costs but it isn't that cheap. +rep from me also.
    I also i want to tell you to watch out with how much your postign as you have posted 14 thing in 1 day wich is alot for this site but i ent trough every post and or me it seems okay but just want to warn you people sometimes hate it when you post that much.


    _________________
    best quote ever:
    "Once you go black
    You never go back." Saw this in scary movie 2. at the school.


    Favorite quotes:
    1)"If you say plz because its shorter then please.
    Then i wil say no because its shorter then yes."

    2)"If you learn. You know. If you know. You forgot. If you forgot. You know less. So why learn?"

    3)"Hard work never killed anybody. But why take the risk."

    4) "Adolf Hitler: I said a glass of juice, not gas the jews!"

    5)"You see a robber in your house ready to steal all your stuff.
    60% would silently call the police for help.
    25% would let them go.
    15% would grab the nearest weapon and beat the living day lights out of the robber.
    Like this if you are that 15%"

    6)"I dont care how old you are, if you dont respect me i'm not respecting you"



    avatar
    Awesome155
    Active Member
    Active Member

    Posts : 42
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Age : 20
    Location : Maryland, USA

    Re: *SUGGESTIONS*

    Post by Awesome155 on Fri 23 Dec - 10:25

    black wrote:i also want v bullentin but i don't think Will is willing to pay it right now maybe later on or if some people donate he can do it. I'm not sure how much it costs but it isn't that cheap. +rep from me also.
    I also i want to tell you to watch out with how much your postign as you have posted 14 thing in 1 day wich is alot for this site but i ent trough every post and or me it seems okay but just want to warn you people sometimes hate it when you post that much.

    I know I post alot, but I have figured out if you post more, more people post as well. The more posters, the more active people! I'll try to post less, but still post regularly Razz.

    Dragan
    Active Member
    Active Member

    Posts : 47
    Join date : 2011-11-15
    Location : Newport, Wales

    Re: *SUGGESTIONS*

    Post by Dragan on Fri 23 Dec - 10:40

    Awesome155 wrote:
    black wrote:i also want v bullentin but i don't think Will is willing to pay it right now maybe later on or if some people donate he can do it. I'm not sure how much it costs but it isn't that cheap. +rep from me also.
    I also i want to tell you to watch out with how much your postign as you have posted 14 thing in 1 day wich is alot for this site but i ent trough every post and or me it seems okay but just want to warn you people sometimes hate it when you post that much.

    I know I post alot, but I have figured out if you post more, more people post as well. The more posters, the more active people! I'll try to post less, but still post regularly Razz.
    I agree, sometimes chat doesnt get any posts...
    avatar
    black
    Forum Addict
    Forum Addict

    Posts : 400
    Join date : 2011-01-06
    Location : Belgium

    Re: *SUGGESTIONS*

    Post by black on Sat 24 Dec - 0:55

    Dragan wrote:
    Awesome155 wrote:
    black wrote:i also want v bullentin but i don't think Will is willing to pay it right now maybe later on or if some people donate he can do it. I'm not sure how much it costs but it isn't that cheap. +rep from me also.
    I also i want to tell you to watch out with how much your postign as you have posted 14 thing in 1 day wich is alot for this site but i ent trough every post and or me it seems okay but just want to warn you people sometimes hate it when you post that much.

    I know I post alot, but I have figured out if you post more, more people post as well. The more posters, the more active people! I'll try to post less, but still post regularly Razz.
    I agree, sometimes chat doesnt get any posts...
    i like posting but i hate spammers now odn't see me as the bad guy but hey i have to do it as mod Razz


    _________________
    best quote ever:
    "Once you go black
    You never go back." Saw this in scary movie 2. at the school.


    Favorite quotes:
    1)"If you say plz because its shorter then please.
    Then i wil say no because its shorter then yes."

    2)"If you learn. You know. If you know. You forgot. If you forgot. You know less. So why learn?"

    3)"Hard work never killed anybody. But why take the risk."

    4) "Adolf Hitler: I said a glass of juice, not gas the jews!"

    5)"You see a robber in your house ready to steal all your stuff.
    60% would silently call the police for help.
    25% would let them go.
    15% would grab the nearest weapon and beat the living day lights out of the robber.
    Like this if you are that 15%"

    6)"I dont care how old you are, if you dont respect me i'm not respecting you"



    avatar
    Will
    Eliteslounge Owner

    Posts : 613
    Join date : 2010-10-01
    Location : UK

    Re: *SUGGESTIONS*

    Post by Will on Sat 24 Dec - 3:17

    @Awesome155

    Thanks for your feedback, i have also noticed the quality of your posts on the forums, which i like.

    Here is my feedback for each point;

    1. - I will add a section into site discussion and move this thread there

    2. I have no plans to move the site to vb at present because of the cost of it, and also i wouldn't be able to redirect this url to my new site unfortunately. However if its the design that you would like to see changed, there is many templates i can use that are very similar to VB with the exception of the members profiles being different. If you have any suggestions for new designs of the site or if you are a graphics artist yourself all idea are welcome.

    3. I guess i could make people apply to view the flip updates, my idea of making it only available to members with 5 or more posts has resulted in some problems with spam on the forums.
    Perhaps i could make it so members need 10+ posts on the forums to apply and to be accepted the posts they have made will be viewed and then by judging on the quality of their posts they would be rewarded access to the flip hints section?
    * Please note the flip hints and the merchanting guides posted on the forums will always be free to members and i will never make it so only members that pay a subscription can see it.
    The only thing i will charge for on these forums is a full guide which will take hours and hours of my time to write so therefore i will be selling it for a cost.


    4. There did use to be a black market section on the forums, i guess if the demand is there i could bring it back


    xSaito
    Active Member
    Active Member

    Posts : 30
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Re: *SUGGESTIONS*

    Post by xSaito on Sat 24 Dec - 4:25

    Will wrote:@Awesome155

    Thanks for your feedback, i have also noticed the quality of your posts on the forums, which i like.

    Here is my feedback for each point;

    1. - I will add a section into site discussion and move this thread there

    2. I have no plans to move the site to vb at present because of the cost of it, and also i wouldn't be able to redirect this url to my new site unfortunately. However if its the design that you would like to see changed, there is many templates i can use that are very similar to VB with the exception of the members profiles being different. If you have any suggestions for new designs of the site or if you are a graphics artist yourself all idea are welcome.

    3. I guess i could make people apply to view the flip updates, my idea of making it only available to members with 5 or more posts has resulted in some problems with spam on the forums.
    Perhaps i could make it so members need 10+ posts on the forums to apply and to be accepted the posts they have made will be viewed and then by judging on the quality of their posts they would be rewarded access to the flip hints section?
    * Please note the flip hints and the merchanting guides posted on the forums will always be free to members and i will never make it so only members that pay a subscription can see it.
    The only thing i will charge for on these forums is a full guide which will take hours and hours of my time to write so therefore i will be selling it for a cost.


    4. There did use to be a black market section on the forums, i guess if the demand is there i could bring it back

    I personally believe the black market idea would be great, though I don't think many people would use it. Other sites have already been established as the websites to buy/sell runescape items. There really is no benefit for people to go to this website for the black market. Now, I'm not trying to put eliteslounge down in any way, and I know everything I'm saying is going against my previous post. I just think that eliteslounge should focus on the merchanting aspect of the website, rather than the black market aspect. The black market will only bring more work for the admins and mods for scammers.

    Possibly, for the flip update section, you could handpick a "commitee" that could vote towards whether or not the person should be allowed into the flip updates section. The commitee could be chosen from whoever you think is responsible enough, whether by their post quality or by you just knowing them. This would allow you to spend less time choosing who gets to see the flip updates and more time finding flip updates and possibly more time on your guide.
    avatar
    Awesome155
    Active Member
    Active Member

    Posts : 42
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Age : 20
    Location : Maryland, USA

    Re: *SUGGESTIONS*

    Post by Awesome155 on Sat 24 Dec - 5:35

    Will wrote:@Awesome155

    Thanks for your feedback, i have also noticed the quality of your posts on the forums, which i like.

    Here is my feedback for each point;

    1. - I will add a section into site discussion and move this thread there

    2. I have no plans to move the site to vb at present because of the cost of it, and also i wouldn't be able to redirect this url to my new site unfortunately. However if its the design that you would like to see changed, there is many templates i can use that are very similar to VB with the exception of the members profiles being different. If you have any suggestions for new designs of the site or if you are a graphics artist yourself all idea are welcome.

    3. I guess i could make people apply to view the flip updates, my idea of making it only available to members with 5 or more posts has resulted in some problems with spam on the forums.
    Perhaps i could make it so members need 10+ posts on the forums to apply and to be accepted the posts they have made will be viewed and then by judging on the quality of their posts they would be rewarded access to the flip hints section?
    * Please note the flip hints and the merchanting guides posted on the forums will always be free to members and i will never make it so only members that pay a subscription can see it.
    The only thing i will charge for on these forums is a full guide which will take hours and hours of my time to write so therefore i will be selling it for a cost.


    4. There did use to be a black market section on the forums, i guess if the demand is there i could bring it back


    Thanks, and I am not really a graphics design artist, but I can try. Also yeah the look of VB (IMO) is much neater.

    About people viewing the flipping help, here is something that I personally think, would help everybody.

    Keep it at around 10 posts to see the basic flipping, but you should have two other groups. One should be something you apply for, that has some better items to flip then in the one anybody can see. And lastly people can buy rights, like to know the BEST things to flip (like what you are doing, and the best in your opinion).

    And there isn't that much of a need for a blackmarket, but IMO it could attract some new faces, that would stick around for the community possibly.
    avatar
    Will
    Eliteslounge Owner

    Posts : 613
    Join date : 2010-10-01
    Location : UK

    Re: *SUGGESTIONS*

    Post by Will on Sat 24 Dec - 5:52

    for free flipping help than anyone can view there are loads of videos on my youtube channel covering all aspects of merchanting, and i said before i will not selling 'rights' to view item hints it has to be earned :}

    Dragan
    Active Member
    Active Member

    Posts : 47
    Join date : 2011-11-15
    Location : Newport, Wales

    Re: *SUGGESTIONS*

    Post by Dragan on Sat 24 Dec - 9:44

    I think it would.be better if you just made another 2 subforums in the suggestions forum with updates and.update suggestions

    chongc
    Active Member
    Active Member

    Posts : 85
    Join date : 2011-12-22

    Re: *SUGGESTIONS*

    Post by chongc on Thu 29 Dec - 23:55

    Hmm Will, it would be awesome if you set up that p server again =D
    avatar
    black
    Forum Addict
    Forum Addict

    Posts : 400
    Join date : 2011-01-06
    Location : Belgium

    Re: *SUGGESTIONS*

    Post by black on Fri 30 Dec - 0:27

    chongc wrote:Hmm Will, it would be awesome if you set up that p server again =D
    he took it down because of problems with setting it perfect up and other projects i also hope it comes back but hosting it isn't cheap.


    _________________
    best quote ever:
    "Once you go black
    You never go back." Saw this in scary movie 2. at the school.


    Favorite quotes:
    1)"If you say plz because its shorter then please.
    Then i wil say no because its shorter then yes."

    2)"If you learn. You know. If you know. You forgot. If you forgot. You know less. So why learn?"

    3)"Hard work never killed anybody. But why take the risk."

    4) "Adolf Hitler: I said a glass of juice, not gas the jews!"

    5)"You see a robber in your house ready to steal all your stuff.
    60% would silently call the police for help.
    25% would let them go.
    15% would grab the nearest weapon and beat the living day lights out of the robber.
    Like this if you are that 15%"

    6)"I dont care how old you are, if you dont respect me i'm not respecting you"




    chongc
    Active Member
    Active Member

    Posts : 85
    Join date : 2011-12-22

    Re: *SUGGESTIONS*

    Post by chongc on Fri 30 Dec - 0:32

    black wrote:
    chongc wrote:Hmm Will, it would be awesome if you set up that p server again =D
    he took it down because of problems with setting it perfect up and other projects i also hope it comes back but hosting it isn't cheap.

    oh well, i guess asking wouldn't hurt =P
    avatar
    Will
    Eliteslounge Owner

    Posts : 613
    Join date : 2010-10-01
    Location : UK

    Re: *SUGGESTIONS*

    Post by Will on Fri 30 Dec - 21:03

    yeah basically its not worth it with a small amount of players as the cost of the vps, however if money was also invested into advertising maybe it could work. However i would rather invest my money into my irl business at the mo

    chongc
    Active Member
    Active Member

    Posts : 85
    Join date : 2011-12-22

    Re: *SUGGESTIONS*

    Post by chongc on Fri 30 Dec - 21:46

    aw ok, but it was cool while it lasted =D

    Sponsored content

    Re: *SUGGESTIONS*

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu 19 Oct - 18:13