Thanks for coming to Elites Lounge, become a full member of our community today by registering, it only takes 1 minute and will grant you much more access of our site!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thanks for coming to Elites Lounge, become a full member of our community today by registering, it only takes 1 minute and will grant you much more access of our site!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Dylface's ideas for ERSL

Dylface
    Dylface
    Forum Addict
    Forum Addict

Dylface's ideas for ERSL Empty Dylface's ideas for ERSL

Post by Dylface Wed 11 Jan - 6:16

These are more ideas than suggestions:

Firstly, The website and Forum is awesome, and a great place to chat and discover. It also looks great and is easy to use.

Ideas:
    - The background of the website is really fitting, but it's also quite dark. This is by no means necessarily a bad thing, but it may be better to have a background that is easier on the eyes and that can be seen more on the sides. If Will wants, I could look at designing a background?

- Also, to flow with the background (as it currently does), the colour of the backdrop and boxes could be something to match a new background. This of course would also mean an 'easier on the eyes' colour scheme (such as green/blue).

- Additionally, boxes and buttons (relate to picture below, hard to describe :/ )
    Dylface's ideas for ERSL Ersl_b10
    could be rounded slightly, as this improves the visual appeal and makes everything look a bit more distinct and neat.

- The Subscribe, Flip Hints etc. buttons at the top of the page are of course meant to be obvious, but I feel they could do with a bit of downsizing to fit in one row along the top.

- I think that the comment rating system could also be improved slightly, I did not notice it's location until today. I believe it should be either larger, or in a more distinct place(s) such as the top or bottom of a post.

That's a few ideas that I could just think of, I could come up with many more.
    Of course, Will, you don't have to pay any attention to me, and in addition, ERSL looks and feels great as it is. I understand if you think these are bad ideas and if you want to keep the 'House style' you currently have.

Respect and Regards,

Dylface
    black
    black
    Forum Addict
    Forum Addict

Dylface's ideas for ERSL Empty Re: Dylface's ideas for ERSL

Post by black Wed 11 Jan - 6:29

i completly agree btw welcoem to site develpment team. Very Happy
    Will
    Will
    Eliteslounge Owner

Post by Will Wed 11 Jan - 6:36

i have been thinking of redesigning the whole site for a while now but of course it takes time, i will see what i can come up with by the weekend.

As for the comment rating buttons and the other buttons you mentioned, i cannot do anything to change those at the moment however i will look into it
    black
    black
    Forum Addict
    Forum Addict

Post by black Wed 11 Jan - 6:53

btw for those buttons for flipping hints etc..... maybe your able to make them dynamic that means they would shrink or grow to fir nicely iinto the browser. As everyone has other size's in pixels so it looks different for me those buttons looks good but maybe some one with smaller screen sees it different.
    Dylface
    Dylface
    Forum Addict
    Forum Addict

Post by Dylface Wed 11 Jan - 7:49

@black Thanks you too Smile and yeah perhaps, that would work Very Happy
    Dylface
    Dylface
    Forum Addict
    Forum Addict

Post by Dylface Wed 11 Jan - 7:50

Ok cool cool, sounds good Smile

And yeah fair enough.

Might play around on Photoshop to see what I can do for a background!

Peace
    Dylface
    Dylface
    Forum Addict
    Forum Addict

Post by Dylface Wed 11 Jan - 8:19

Wait! What size does the background need to be?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar - 3:03