Thanks for coming to Elites Lounge, become a full member of our community today by registering, it only takes 1 minute and will grant you much more access of our site!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thanks for coming to Elites Lounge, become a full member of our community today by registering, it only takes 1 minute and will grant you much more access of our site!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

General Merchanting Questions/Item Ideas

Verc

General Merchanting Questions/Item Ideas Empty General Merchanting Questions/Item Ideas

Post by Verc Mon 28 Mar - 1:35

Hey guys,
    I'm new to the forum, but many of you probably know me from the cc, which I frequent and give advice. I wanted to create this thread to create a suitable section for anyone to post questions or get feedback on any items that they find might make for a good merch.
    Happy merching!
    Verc

General Merchanting Questions/Item Ideas Empty Re: General Merchanting Questions/Item Ideas

Post by Verc Mon 28 Mar - 1:38

Guys, I wanted to post this question concerning herbs, namely dwarf weed and avantoe. The graphs show a chance for high profit, much like kwuarms did a few days ago, prompting us to stock up on them. That particular merch never rose as expected, but looking at dwarf weed and avantoe, I think we may get another chance at some high-profit herb merching as the herb economy stabilizes after the bonus xp weekend. Any thoughts?
    Nubs ftw o_O
    Nubs ftw o_O
    Forum Addict
    Forum Addict

General Merchanting Questions/Item Ideas Empty Re: General Merchanting Questions/Item Ideas

Post by Nubs ftw o_O Mon 28 Mar - 4:51

I used to flip herbs a lot and I made quite a lot of money with it, but that was like 5 months ago. What do you mean by stocking up? Just buy alot now and wait till te price rises and sell them in a couple of days?
    Verc

Post by Verc Mon 28 Mar - 5:28

Yes that's pretty much what I mean by stocking up on them. When Will the other day, for example, thought clean kwuarms had "bottomed out" and would rise, I bought 40k of them over the course of 4 days, but that bounce (rise in price after a steep fall) never occurred. I'm thinking, based on their graphs, that dwarf weed or avantoe could possibly bounce for a profit of 30%-50%.
    Nubs ftw o_O
    Nubs ftw o_O
    Forum Addict
    Forum Addict

Post by Nubs ftw o_O Mon 28 Mar - 7:25

I took a look at both of the graphs and yeah they probably will rise. But not sure how much. Due to free trade and bonus experience weekend the prices have been very high lately, so if we're lucky they will bounce back and then they could rise like 50% but I doubt if that will happen.
    But I'm going to buy some dwarf weed now, about 20m and let's see what happens Smile
    danieltjuh1

Post by danieltjuh1 Tue 29 Mar - 0:52

hey guys, i just joined, but for what price u buy the herbs at the moment??
    Nubs ftw o_O
    Nubs ftw o_O
    Forum Addict
    Forum Addict

Post by Nubs ftw o_O Tue 29 Mar - 6:25

I bought 2k clean and 2k grimy Dwarf weeds for 4301 gp ea.
    Verc

Post by Verc Tue 29 Mar - 10:40

Just as an update: Dwarf weeds, both grimy and clean, buy for just over 4100 and are selling slowly just under 4155 and 4153 (respectively). The graphs for them are remaining fairly level..whether this means that merchers will grow impatient with the dwarf weed merch, dump all their herbs, and drop the price or if people will slowly realize their potential and buy..I don't know. Still keep an eye on them because of their potential for great profits. On another note, kwuarms, interestingly enough, appear to be showing a rise today--please posts your thoughts on that...Kwuarms could make for a very profitable flip if bought overnight today into tomorrow or in the next few days. If anyone else has any ideas/responses/questions, I'll be checking daily.
    Happy merching!

Last edited by Verc on Wed 30 Mar - 7:28; edited 1 time in total
    Will
    Will
    Eliteslounge Owner

Post by Will Tue 29 Mar - 19:31

nice findings verc, about bloody time kwuarms started to rise got to be careful dumping 300k @ once though!
    Nubs ftw o_O
    Nubs ftw o_O
    Forum Addict
    Forum Addict

Post by Nubs ftw o_O Tue 29 Mar - 23:57

I got 10k dwarfs atm, maybe gonna buy 10k more Smile
    Verc

Post by Verc Wed 30 Mar - 7:35

Hey guys, glad to see the thread's been useful Very Happy. I have an item to add to the list of items that could rise for a good amount of profit: pure essence. The problem with it is that because there are so many more botters in the ess mines now with free trade, the price may never rise to or stabilize at much above what they are right now. Also, after accumulating 45k or so kwuarms overnight, the price today has dropped a bit and so the graph has stablilized once more. Hopefully I (and you, Will, with your 300k!) will see some rise in those, but I may switch to dwarf weed or avantoe to give them a chance at some profit turn. Just be wary of the fact that the herb prices could remain where they are, though I consider that unlikely as the demand for herb training will increase as people find it to be cheaper with the lower-priced herbs. Good luck guys, and if anyone has any other items to ask about or put up for debate, feel free.
    Happy merching!
    claymorepk

Post by claymorepk Wed 30 Mar - 7:58

im nervous about investing in kwuarms although i do think they might rise how much do you think they will rise
    Verc

Post by Verc Wed 30 Mar - 9:01

CORRECTION: 1 hour after previous post. Kwuarms are selling just below market now, and I am up 5 gp on each (lol). As for how high they will rise, it could be up to as much as 3700, but I doubt it. More likely they would rise to 3300 or so, which is still about 1k above where they are now (for perspective, that would be a 1m profit on 1k kwuarms, 2.2m worth). So, spend, 2.2m, get 3.2m back--that would be ideal but also is a bit optimistic.
    Verc

Post by Verc Thu 31 Mar - 13:37

Just a brief question guys: Does anyone know if there is any truth to "breaking the barrier of the ge" (ie walking out of the ge, logging off/on again, teleporting out then back) and it having effects on the speed at which an offer completes? I've seen some youtube videos suggesting that you put in offers then walk north of the ge near the Gnome Stronghold teleport tree and, once there, teleport to ardougne and then back to the ge, and that doing this will speed up the time it takes an offer to complete. It doesn't seem like it would be true, but does anyone have any experience with this?
    Verc

Post by Verc Fri 1 Apr - 6:45

UPDATE: One of the items that I was suspicious about has skyrocketed today and can still be bought for about market price. Clean avantoe are really on the rise, so buy while you can (for as low a price as you can)!
    Happy merching

NEXT DAY: avantoe have leveled out, and we may perhaps see a bit more drop before another rise, or they might skyrocket again tomorrow.
    Verc

Post by Verc Wed 6 Apr - 11:12

Guys, as I expected, pure ess is on a steep rise today and will continue into tomorrow. They're probably a good investment, and I have an inside source that has told me they'll be going up tomorrow...and if he tells me that, then they will.

NOTE: 4/8/11 Pure ess have begun to drop, sell what you have and take your gains now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 12 May - 5:50